Susan G Komen and Winder Farms

By @ May 7, 2015

Winder Farms Kicks-Off 4th Annual Strawberry Milk for the Cure Fundraiser To Benefit Local Affiliates of Susan G. Komen®

Winder Farms to donate a portion of the proceeds

 from sales of all Strawberry Milk sold May 1 – Oct. 31, 2015

Label to Feature Iconic Pink Ribbon on Winder Farms Strawberry Milk

SALT LAKE CITY – May 7, 2015 – Winder Farms, a premier grocery home delivery company, will kick off its 3rd Annual Strawberry Milk for the Cure fundraiser to benefit the local Utah and Southern Nevada Affiliates of Susan G. Komen in May. The formal kick-off will take place on May 9, coinciding with the Susan G. Komen Utah Race for the Cure, and runs through the end of October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month). A portion of the proceeds from all Strawberry Milk sold from May 1 – October 31, 2015 will be donated to the local affiliate of Susan G. Komen and the labels on the 8 and 16 oz. bottles of Strawberry Milk will feature the iconic Susan G. Komen pink ribbon.

“Winder Farms cares about the communities we serve, and breast cancer impacts communities throughout the world. We want to help where we can. Winder Farms is a proud partner of the local affiliates of Susan G. Komen and the Strawberry Milk fundraiser is just one easy way for our customers to also show support,” said Melanie Robinson, VP of Marketing at Winder Farms.

Winder Farms will also be donating Strawberry Milk and pink sugar cookies to the Survivor’s Café at the May 9th Utah event, to honor those who are battling and have battled the disease. New customers who sign up for the Winder Farms service at winderfarms.com/pink will receive $20 in free groceries and Winder Farms will make an additional $20 donation to the local affiliate of Susan G. Komen.  

About Winder Farms:

Winder Farms hand delivers farm-fresh groceries direct to customers’ doorsteps in southern California, southern Nevada, and throughout Utah. Winder Farms is passionate about finding and delivering delicious, local, fresh products including all-natural dairy and meat items, organic and conventional fruits and vegetables, fresh baked breads, healthy snacks and entrees, and more.

Winder Farms benefits the communities it serves through healthy products, green impact and local community partnerships. Learn more by visiting www.winderfarms.com or calling 1.800.WINDER1.

About Susan G. Komen® and the Utah Affiliate:

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982 that promise became Susan G. Komen. Komen Utah is one of the 125 affiliates that make up Susan G. Komen, the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Race for the Cure, Komen Utah has invested $5.6 million in Utah breast cancer programs since its inception. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in Utah. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. For more information, call 801-733-4815 or visit www.komenutah.org